Baidu officially released its Apollo 2.0 Project and the first batch of its partners on January 9th, 2018 at the American Site of Baidu World 2018 in Las Vegas. WM Motor, among the over 90 partners as the first batch, will be the NEV brand that applies advanced Apollo technology firstly.
"The Chinese automobile market is quickly ushering in the industrial revolution for smart, autonomous and sharing EVs. WM has been proactively devoted to applying various advanced technology into large-scale mass production with comprehensive layout.” Freeman Shen, the founder of WM Motor, said, “After joining in the Baidu Apollo 2.0 Project, we, taking popular EV as our core carrier, will further develop the mass production of AI and autonomous driving technology, making ‘smarter’ cars to bring efficient smart mobility experience for our users.”
Apollo 2.0, which released at the American Site of Baidu World this time, enables autonomous driving on primary urban road, supported by opener, safer and more complete properties. Self-driving cars equipped with Apollo 2.0 have completed its open test ride on the open road in California and completed the basic "Driver's License Examination" such as turning at corners and traffic light identification Moreover, Baidu displayed the sharing self-driving cars which created with its partners at a closed field, showing the capacities of taking or changing cars automatically, navigating at low speed, identification of traffic lights, avoiding pedestrians or obstacles and automatic parking.
Qi Lu, the President and COO of Baidu said, “Baidu’s Apollo open platform pays greatly attention to the partnership with automobile companies with high quality and powerful innovative capacity. We highly recognize WM’s product principles and strategies, especially the quality user experience with affordable price. Baidu will actively energize the Chinese automobile industry by supporting excellent Chinese car newcomers such as WM Motor to build up the smart mobility ecosystem.”
WM Motor received its new round of financing led by Baidu Capital and followed by Baidu Group and other investments on December, 2017. WM also unveiled its world's first Living Logo on 11th, December. The gradient color design is inspired by aurora, symbolizing the electricity-powered functions and real-time interaction of the Always On system. The first mass production SUV EX5 also made its debut at the same time with a starting price of 200,000, leading to a mass production era of popular smart EVs. WM Motor’s declaration of joining the Apollo 2.0 Project indicates that WM will deeply cooperate with Baidu in terms of strategy apart from their collaboration in capital. Furthermore, the autonomous driving test area set in WM Motor’s EV Smart Industrial Park located in Wenzhou, Oujiangkou will be used as domestic road test for autonomous driving.
We may collect, store and use the following information about you when you are using the services provided by this website or we are providing services to you. You may not be able to enjoy some of the services we provide or the expected effects of such services without the relevant information about you.
Your personal information such as name, phone number and ID number that you provide to us when signing an account or using our services.
The information you shared with other parties via our services and the information saved when you using our services.
The information that we may collect when you are using our services are:
• Log messages: It means the technological information automatically collected by the system through Cookies and other methods, including:
• Device or software information: The configuration information of your mobile devices, website browser or other programs used to access to our services, and the version and device ID of your mobile devices.
• Website browsing information: Such as the website address, time and duration of your browsing.
• Your IP address.
Cookies are the text files stored on your access device by a Web server. The Cookies assigned to you are unique and can only be read by the Web server that sent Cookies to your domain.
We get to know how users are using our site via Cookies and other tracking technologies to help you personalize your online experience for a more relaxed access experience. The information we collect through Cookies will be classified to provide more targeted and valuable product information and services to our customers in different groups. The information collected through Cookies is the personal information that can not be used alone, and you understand and agree that we will combine the information we collect through Cookies with other information of yours. Most web browsers will automatically open Cookies, but you can always set your browser to turn off Cookies. However, Cookies allow you to enjoy our higher quality, more personalized services, and if you close the Cookies, you will not be able to access to or use some of the functions of this website.
We will use your personal information under the provisions of relevant laws and regulations to provide you with our services, improve our service quality and optimize your service experience. Your personal information are mainly used to:
• Provide you with the services you are using, and maintain and improve such services.
• Provide you with relevant ads and promotions and evaluate the effects of such ads and promotions.
You can unsubscribe to cancel such push notifications if you don’t want to receive such information.
• We may use your personal information to verify your identity and we will also prevent, detect and investigate deceiving, endangering the security and other illegal behaviors or the breach of the agreements, policies or rules signed with us or any related party to protect the legal rights and interests of you, other WM users or we and the related party.
• We will conduct statistics on our service usage and may share these statistics with the public or third parties to demonstrate the overall usage trends of our products or services. However, these information will exclude any identifying information about you.
We may, in some cases, also combine your personal and non-personal information for analysis and research purposes to perfect our products, services, contents and ads.
• According to the relevant provisions of laws and regulations or the requirements of the administrative and judicial authorities.
• Share your personal information to WM Motor’s related party, partner or a third party performing a certain function on behalf of WM Motor ( such as the communication service providers sending out push notifications or the payment agencies processing the bank cards on behalf of us) for the purposes described in the "Management and Use of Personal Information" section.
Only by sharing your information can we provide the services you need or deal with the troubles or disputes that you with others.
We have set reasonable and sufficient security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure and loss when storing your personal data.
You have to obtain the written consent of your parents or legal guardians in advance before using any services from WM Motor if you are a minor under the age of 18.
We will not collect any personal information of a child under the age of 18 that we know. Please notify us in time if you find that we have collected the personal information of such kid without the consent of his/her parents, and we will take measures to delete such information as soon as possible.